Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dog days of July

Like parents of generations before me I cracked under the relentless pressure from my children.  Yes, a dog.  We adopted Alli from a shelter. She was a puppy in a small litter of four.  She might me be a lab mix.  There are so many dogs and cats needing homes.  It made no sense to buy a pure bred dog for $500 or so.  Better to take advantage of the successful genes manifested in our coffee and cream colored mutt.  There is enough love in a family to extend to a dog.  Even Maria is happy when the dog is around.  Her adoption has also led to an increase in the local economy. Dog food, flea collar, bowls, pillow, etcetera.   It's  a win for everyone nearby.  I hope she inspires me to create a marketable item for the pet accessory industry.  Ah, dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment