Sunday, May 12, 2019

I was mad when Twitter banned me. Now I'm happier and wealthier.

Twitter "suspended" my account last month. Why?


I didn't threaten anyone with retaliation for pending testimony against me or my criminal family. I didn't call anyone a libtard. I didn't violate the Hatch Act. I didn't suggest shooting innocent refugees or ask anyone to beat a civil, non-violent protestor. I didn't offer bleats of thoughts and prayers for shooting victims, again. And I didn't lie about every verifiable fact under the sun, or give cover to those who did.


I'd been a user since 2011. Eight years. When a criminal band finally ascended to the White House with Russian mob help, I, with more than 65 million others, was incensed. It is possible that my passionate rejection of the foul outhouse denizens from 5th Ave. was too much for the tender ears of the censor bots in the "Russians and trump only" AI programming.


Still, I'm not clear how I was in violation of the arbitrary and haphazardly applied terms of service. Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey must have a plan, I guess.


Though in mitigation for my exile, the Universe has delivered some riches: I finished some books, including Walter Isaacson's excellent Leonardo Da Vinci bio, I wrote a lot, participated in a Seth Godin online workshop for freelancers (I'm not a real freelancer, it seems) and I have been able to focus on new, rewarding paths at work and at home. I planted several shrubs and flowers and bought a duplex to rent out. All of those things took the time and concentration that I might have otherwise devoted to advancing an argument to end the trump nightmare.


So even now, while Mr. Trump, the worst person in the country by far, who makes good men and women turn bad, is still in the White House, while his admitted, felonious co-conspirator Michael Cohen is in prison for THREE YEARS for doing what Trump told him to do, I'm okay.


Ending Twitter was to productive time what quitting smoking was to cash flow 22 years ago. In other words a huge boost for me. The country will do en masse what it should, and my voice will be there in the voting booth and in the crowds attending the trial and conviction of the trump family. But for now, the voices from the Twitterverse are peacefully and satisfyingly silenced and my world is richer for the quiet.











No comments:

Post a Comment